With regard to some of the services it provides, Clarifacts Inc. (“Clarifacts”) is a consumer reporting agency as defined under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, 15 U.S.C. §1681 et seq. (“FCRA”). In accordance with the law, Clarifacts has taken reasonable procedures to maintain the confidentiality of consumer information it is provided in performing consumer reporting agency services.
Clarifacts obtains information on an individual consumer only, upon the request of a user who has a permissible purpose under the FCRA to request information on that consumer, in order to provide consumer reports (i.e. background reports). The FCRA generally requires a user for employment purposes to certify to Clarifacts that it has a permissible purpose to request and obtain a report and that the user has obtained the written consent of the consumer prior to any services being ordered. The user must submit to reasonable audits by Clarifacts to confirm that it is, in fact, obtaining such written consent and complying with other FCRA and state law requirements.
Clarifacts does not maintain a database of consumer information to procure consumer reports.
Personal Information Disclosure – United States or overseas. We do not send consumer information outside of the United States or its territories for any purpose other than to deliver a report to an end user. Of course, if information is sought from outside of the United States, the information is gathered in that country and then transmitted to us here in the United States where it is treated as any other consumer information in accordance with all applicable laws.
Any information gathered about a consumer may only be provided to the user authorized by the consumer or permitted by the FCRA or similar state law to receive the information or the consumer his or herself. We cannot and do not share, sell or distribute consumer information with or to any third party other than the requesting party thereof unless required to do so by law. Clarifacts may be required, upon receipt of a court order, to release the information in civil litigation or as otherwise required by law, to disclose information regarding a consumer to law enforcement agencies.
Other privacy initiatives and procedures include, but are not limited to:
- Access to confidential consumer information is limited within Clarifacts to those who have a need to know the information: obtaining and transmitting information on the consumer or those dealing with a consumer request for information or consumer disputes.
- Access to Clarifacts’ computer terminals, file cabinets, fax machines, trash bins, desktops, etc. are secure from unauthorized access.
- Clarifacts maintains a secure network to safeguard consumer information from internal and external threat.
- Any backup data is maintained in an encrypted form.
- Clarifacts maintains records on each request for information and identifies each user who requested information on a consumer.
- Employees are prohibited from “browsing” files or databases without a business justification.
- Destruction of consumer information follows the Federal Trade Commission’s requirements that the information be unreadable upon disposal.
 There is a limited exception for employer investigations of suspected employee misconduct or for compliance with law or employer policies, e.g., sexual harassment investigations.
If you have any questions regarding our policy, you may contact us by telephone, fax, email or regular mail using the contact information below.
Attn: Consumer Assistance
323 West Roosevelt Street
Phoenix, AZ 85003
For a copy of our policy, print this web page, or contact us using the contact information above, and we will send the document to you via fax, email or regular mail.